A Summertime Tradition
St. Stephen's & St. Agnes School is a college preparatory Episcopal Church School in the Diocese of Virginia that educates boys and girls from junior kindergarten through grade 12. St. Stephen's & St. Agnes School serves students from across Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C. The school consists of three distinct campuses, each uniquely tailored to meet the needs of the students within. The Lower School, grades JK-5, is located on Fontaine Street; the Middle School, 6-8, is located on Braddock Road; the Upper School, 9-12, is located on St. Stephen's Road.
We began as two separate schools—St. Agnes, founded in 1924, and St. Stephen's, founded in 1944—which merged in 1991. The St. Stephen's & St. Agnes School summer day camp program was launched at St. Agnes School on Fontaine Street in 1971. In the early years, the campers were given swimming lessons every morning, followed by sports, art, drama, and a daily sing-a-long.
Today our exceptional program for boys and girls ages 3 to 18 offers more than 130 different sessions and attracts more than 2,000 campers to our campuses each summer.