Summer STEM Challenge
Rising Grades 5 - 8
9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
June 22 - June 26
Middle School Campus
STEM challenges, coding lessons, tinkering, circuits, and robots await your budding engineer during Summer STEM Challenge! Campers will learn how to control and program robots, experiment with circuits and chain reactions, design and print an original, usable project with 3D printers, and discover so much more using other games, robots, and tools. Teamwork, curiosity, and creativity will be put to the test as campers try to build towers, bridges, and more during daily STEM challenges. We will explore the worlds of stop animation and virtual reality (VR), and then create some of our own! Students will be introduced to coding languages, which they will then apply to problem-solve and innovate. If you have a curious, tech-loving kid, this camp is for them!
Weekly and Daily activities:
- STEM challenges - building boats, creating towers, constructing bridges and more!
- Technology exploration - including coding, small robots such as sphero and R2D2, and VR glasses
- Creating - projects include 3D printing, stop animation films, video games, web pages, and Rube Goldberg machines
- Experimenting - solar-powered ovens, states of matter with slime, flextangles, and more!
- Camp Fun - scavenger hunts, Gaga ball, key-chain making to name a few
Summer STEM Challenge is led by SSSAS Middle School math teacher, Julie Riedy. If you have any questions related to the camp, please contact Ms. Riedy at firstname.lastname@example.org